Home About 5:16 Club Forum Contact

Monday, June 8, 2009

I Have Decided To End Motivate Me Monday

Well friends, I have decided to retire Motivate Me Monday from my blog...however, it will be re-born over at Composing Hallelujahs with my friend and fellow 5:16 gal Dana. I just know she will breathe creativity and freshness into it. She also has Motivate Me Monday music, which is so cool.

So...

Today is the last day to link up with MMM here at Like A Warm Cup Of Coffee.

Why you ask?

I don't want the commitment. Small as it is, I want the "openess" of Monday for other things. Plus I want to focus more on Saturday Score and the 5:16 club (which needs new life).

My motivation for you for today...don't be afraid to move on. If you aren't passionate about it, or excited, maybe it's time for a change. Maybe there's a risk, but that's okay. Go for it.

Your Turn!
  • Share some advice, wisdom, practical applications, tips you've learned, etc. that you think would benefit and motivate others.


*Make sure to link directly to your MMM post and then link back here (you know, for the link love and all)!

Don't forget, next week you can still link up your motivating posts, just link them up at Composing Hallelujahs ! :)

On a different note, I wanted to pass along the article "An Exercise In Submission" written by my friend Anne on the 24 hour "okay" challenge I gave a little over a week ago. She took the challenge. Have you?

Are you a 5:16 gal
? Do you tweet? We have a Twibe! Join me and the 5:16 gals at 516gals Twibe!


12 comments:

Muthering Heights said...

Well, I'm glad that I was able to jump in once here at Like A Warm Cup Of Coffee!

I hope the other participants are motivated by my craziness this week, LOL! :)

Unknown said...

I've enjoyed being a part of MMM with you here Sarah Mae! I decided to post one on my other blog today - sorry to throw people off a little! :)

Kristen, pajama mama said...

oh, i loved MMM at LWCC. But what motivation you are giving...to be able to walk away from something you're no longer called to, and revisit the things you are...
i'll be over at Composing Hallelujah's next Monday...I just love then name of her blog!

Jenny said...

I love your simple but important advice today about not being afraid to move on from something. I am at a place where I may have to move on from a huge part of my life, and I am both scared and excited about what comes next. The step of faith is always tough, but that is often the place where we learn the most about our Savior.

Loren said...

Thanks Sarah Mae! For releasing this in love and with encouragement and to do those things you are called to!

Blessings for the new things to come!

Teri Lynne Underwood said...

I think I really messed up my link! Sorry!! I have no idea what happened ... a little clueless this afternoon. Thank you, though, Sarah Mae, for being a wonderful example of giving up GOOD for BEST by letting MMM go. As always, you are one of my heroes!!

Sandee said...

Good motivation Sarah...to walk away when it is time. I had to walk away from leading a Bible Study (did it for 5 years)...about two months ago...and I have been feeling pretty lost and disconnected. I know I will find my place and new rhythm. Thanks for the motiviation to let go and move on.

LivingforGod said...

I understand why you let go of MMM. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of it. Have a blessed day, Sarah Mae!

Jenni said...

Sarah, the truth is I feel motivated every day by you. Your blog reminds me, I can be the woman God calls me to be. I am truly blessed by you. Thanks.

Larie Carlice Proverbs 27:19 said...

Oh yes, yes, yes, the "24 hour ok challenge!" I did it and it was hard. My husband would say something and then I would begin to say something like well do you think...then I would stop and say, "Okay."

I am actually still trying to practice that because it worked well although it was hard for me to do.

smooches,
Larie

Bonita said...

Great tip! Sometimes it's just time for something new. I applaud you for following your own advice and not being afraid to do something different or let something go.

Rachal said...

I took the 24 hour challenge and was amazed at the outcome. Read about it at:
http://givingbacktohim.blogspot.com/2009/06/my-weekend.html
Thanks so much!