Home About 5:16 Club Forum Contact

Monday, November 24, 2008

Motivate Me Mondays! New Meme - Link Up!

I have been so inspired and encouraged by the 5:16 gals (and our fabulous e-mail and forum correspondence), that I thought how great it would be for others to experience them as well...or at least what we’re all learning! In fact, I want to be inspired, encouraged, and motivated by anyone out there who has something to share!


Starting today (and every Monday) I will have a Mr. Linky up where you can post on your blog and then share:

  • Some advice, wisdom, practical applications, tips you've learned, etc. that you think would benefit and motivate others.


You do not have to be part of the 5:16 club to participate!

I'm picking Monday's so that everyone can have some encouragement and wisdom passed onto them to find refreshment in starting off the week. Here's how it will work:


Let’s say this past week God has really shown me about my time with Him and how I should spend it. I then pass on what I’ve learned on how to spend that time by writing a post about it and then link to Mr. Linky like this:

Sarah Mae (devotion resources)
(Linked directly to the post so that people don't get confused.)

Make sure you link back here so others can join!

So, here goes!

I LOVE THE 5:16 CLUB! I don't necessarily love it when the alarm goes off, but once I'm up and sitting comfy cozy on my couch with my warm coffee and bible, I am a happy little peach! Knowing that I have so many women praying for me is so encouraging as well - I know all the prayers have helped in getting my behind up to start the day with the Lord!

One thing I have really soaked in this week is how important our time is. Ephesians 5:15-17 says this:

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil."

The literal rendering of Ephesians 5:16 is "redeeming the time." We are redeeming our mornings, and in turn our days, for the Lord!

Therefore, I now propose that we change the name of the 5 AM club to the 5:16 AM club (after Ephesians 5:16) - what do you think? (Who doesn't want an extra 16 minutes of sleep?!)

I can't wait to hear what you all are learning and what thoughts you have to share with the rest of us! Have a wonderful day!



16 comments:

Janell said...

Hey guys...this is my first attempt @ Mr. Linksey. Hope I did it right. I linked it to a blog I wrote last week. Hope you are encouraged as much as I was!

~Janell

Unknown said...

I am just starting my blog and I would love to incorporate this into my daily routine!

Christy said...

I love this idea!

Last night, I was talking to my husband about how I so wish I could wake up a lot earlier than I do. I just want to take advantage of that time first thing in the morning when it is still quiet and calm.

I would love to have some refreshment, encouragement, and fun for the beginning of the week.

Thanks and I look forward to being a part of this!

What's next said...

I haven't signed up yet as a 5 a.m. girl but think I will... when my husbands alarm went off at 5:10 this a.m... I laid there and thought I should get up...going to make an effort tomorrow!

MamaHen Em said...

It is so encouraging to know that others are getting up early and spending time with God, too. Starting my day this way seems to make a world of difference.

I love the 5:16 name change. That verse is full of truth.

The Peacock Pearl said...

i like the 5:16 name and meaning :)

::Traci:: said...

This morning was great! Didn't get up as early as I wanted but I still had about 1/2 hour of quiet time and it was great!

Lisa said...

I also like the 5:16 idea - not only is it not as harsh as 5:00, but it has meaning behind it! I'm in!

Thank you again Sarah, for your heart. This was the fire that I needed under my bootie to get up and moving! God is using you in a powerful way!

Unknown said...

I like the 5:16 idea (and the extra minutes of sleep - LOL!).

Thanks so much for doing this. It's a great way to start the week!

Heathahlee said...

Okay, I'm in!

thekreativelife said...

I'm a day behind, but I fell asleep thinking how God's grace gets us through, when things seem to pile up.

God Bless and thank you all for your inspiration and encouragement!

Beth Herring said...

ok, obviously i am not doing something right. I am trying to add my name and blog, but it isn't working. maybe you can help me!

In His Grip of Grace,
Beth

www.aninstrument4hisglory.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I am really looking forward to this gals. I am so new to blogging still that I am trying to figure out what most of ya'll already know. Be patient with me.;)

Kellye said...

This is great! I am brand new to the blogging world as of just a few days ago and I have already found so many people I have so much in commom with. It is amazing! I have never met anyone who knew what flylady was besides me...so this is so EXCITING...and right up my alley!! Thank you!!

Emmy said...

Grateful for the encouragement and gentle edification I've found on your blog. Waking by 5:30am has been a God-nudged goal for a couple of weeks. I'm beginning to think that the little cries of my toddler at 5:15am are just God's way of getting me up and out of bed (b/c the little man is usually back to sleep before I make it next door to his room :)!

LivingforGod said...

I would like to join the Motivate Me Mondays meme. I may not be able to post every Monday. Is that okay?

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/servingtheKingofkings/