Home About 5:16 Club Forum Contact

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Day 25 - The Medicine Cabinet

31 Days to Clean

First and foremost, let me apologize for getting this post up so late. I have been so darn tired as of late with growing baby number three, and my brain seems to have shut down. I am going to try and work on my posts at night so that I can have them up and ready for you bright and early. Now, let's begin, shall we?

Today's challenge is to clean out, organize, and refill your medicine cabinet. This will actually be somewhat fun if you like rearranging and sorting. I don't know why, but I really enjoy this sort of thing.

Here's what you should be stocked up on:

The conventional list:
* two pairs of sterile gloves
* sterile dressings to stop bleeding
* cleansing agent/ soap and antibiotic towelettes to disinfect
* antibiotic ointment to prevent infection
* burn ointment to prevent infection
* adhesive bandages in a variety of sizes
* eye wash solution to flush the eyes or as a general decontaminate
* thermometer: non-glass and non-mercury
* prescription medications
* prescribed medical supplies such as glucose and blood pressure monitoring equipment and supplies
* scissors
* tweezers
* aspirin and/or non-aspirin pain reliever


Other things to have handy:
* chlorine bleach
* vinegar
* salt
* essential oils
* zinc-gluconate lozenges
* fresh garlic (go here to find out why)
* mouthwash
* elderberry extract
* ginsana
* paper masks

Thanks Laura for this list!

Have fun!

7 comments:

Anna said...

I'm done! :-P
Your list makes me blush a little bit, though. I have much, much more left in my bathroom, all things I 'think' I need. Hmm...
Sarah Mae, maybe this goes without saying, but make sure your iron levels are high enough. Take care of yourself!

Anna said...

Sarah Mae, if you'd like, e-mail me at ajtroyer at gmail dot com.

Katie said...

Thanks for the task today!

Don't worry about not posting when you usually do. Being a mother/baby grower is a MUCH more important task than making sure we get our assignment for the day! Take care of yourself!

Robin Beck said...

Hi Sarah Mae...
I have two daughters that are pregnant-One as you know from my blog is getting ready to deliver as I write. Both went through the tired/fog thing like you are...I'm sure you remember it from your first two. Just try to hang in there-Time goes so fast and it won't be long before you are having your blessing!

Unknown said...

Don't feel bad about getting a little behind - get the rest you need.

Thanks for this list. I'm sure I don't have all these items.

Unsinkable Kristen said...

Erm...my medicine cabinet is actually a medicine linen closet. Yikes! I worked on it yesterday and I'm going to finishing it today! Thanks for this challenge, it's been fantastic for me.

katylinvw said...

this is a great list! i don't have a medicine cabinet at this point (one of those "to dos" still left on the house project)! i'll have to take another look at that list when we do have one, though! :) hope you get to feeling better!