Home About 5:16 Club Forum Contact

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Teach Your Kiddos The Ten Commandments The Easy Way!

Teach your sweeties the Ten Commandments by using the tune from "Doe-Re-Mi" from The Sound of Music. Here it goes:

One, worship only God
Two, no graven images
Three, don't take God's name in vain
Four, the sabbath is for rest
Five, honor mom and daddy
Six, don't ever murder
Seven, be faithful to your spouse
And don't steal, don't lie, and don't wish for others' things.


(Hey, I memorized them as an adult this way too!)


Teaching my children the word of God works for me!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

I've heard of this before, but it's definitely something that I'm going to start doing! I will be intentional, and my one-year old loves music, so I know she'll have fun listening, even if she doesn't understand right now. She will!!!

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Great Idea! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Not sure if you saw my other Monday post - I gave you a Bookworm award!

Happy Thanksgiving!

thekreativelife said...

This is wonderful! My 5 year old will LOVE this . . . she sings almost continuously. Drives me nuts . . . but hey, if it can help her learn the 10 commandments, I'm all for it! Thanks so much for sharing!

Totallyscrappy said...

Setting it to music is a wonderful trick for memory work!

Kaycee said...

I'm in love with this idea! I think i'll steal it :)

"Intentionally Katie" said...

I just printed this off and will teach the kids this week. (I had it saved in my Bloglines all this time!) Can't wait - thanks for sharing!!!