Home About 5:16 Club Forum Contact

Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day - Not What You Think!

I'm jumping on board the LABOR day express with Shannon and others for a real LABOR day treat. Today is all about Labors!

How long were your labors?

My little girl was about 10 hours and my boy was about 9 hours.


How did you know you were in labor?

With my girl my water broke - and I mean broke - visions of waterfalls people! With my boy the contractions started slow and just built up.


Where did you deliver?

At the hospital with both.


Drugs?

Nothing with my girl (I was all Bradley Method - I now disagree with some of his theories!) and a shot in the rear end with my boy - took the edge off the contractions during transition.

C-Section?

No


Who delivered?

Midwives both times.

If you're curious to read more labor "stories," head on over to Rocks in My Dryer!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That water breaking must have been a shocker!

Hope you are feeling well and having a wonderful weekend!

kari and kijsa said...

Happy Labor Day (in every sense of the word!)! Thank you for all your prayers and encouragement!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Tiffers said...

I couldn't help but laugh at the waterfalls. Isn't it amazing how much fluid comes out? My water was only broke with the first one, with a HUGE needle, but I leaked for the rest of the time. LOL

Kama said...

Thanks for sharing! I've been reading some stories from RIMD and am glad so many people have shared. I am due in less than 4 weeks and can't wait to meet our little one!
My friends are sharing advice for my labor this week on our blog if you'd like to join along and send some my way!