Home About 5:16 Club Forum Contact

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Wow, An Award For Something I Love!

The Bookworm Award

Thanks Lisa! I seriously LOVE to read!

This award has a fun twist... find the book closest to you, turn to page 56, and type in the fifth sentence plus a couple more after that.


The closest book to me was The Big Picture Story Bible (which I love), the bible I read to my kiddos! Page 56 is actually just pictures (go figure) so we'll have to go with page 57, and there actually isn't a fifth sentence (there are only two), so I'll just give you the whole thing:


"Now Adam and Eve ruled the world in evil ways. And they had children who did just the same. Their children, and grandchildren, and great-grandchildren all turned away from God."


How's that for depressing! Good thing we know of the hope! :)


I now pass this award along to:

Anyone who loves to read!


4 comments:

Jacquelyn said...

Closest book: Novum Testamentum
p 56 5th sentence is actually Matthew 19:29

"Et prodidens conservus ejus, rogabat eum, dicens: Patientiam habe in me, et omnia reddam tibi"

... and I don't read Latin! it is just one of many antique little old books on my mantle. Fun idea though. :)

JMMEE said...

Closest book - The American Heritage History of the Civil War.
5th sentence - "Many new brigadiers would be named, some of them West Pointers, others not." It is followed by "For some time to come the administration would feel its way towards its new command setup, with no fixed program."

This is a thick college textbook-like book I used for some of the research I did for the Christmas drama script Joshua and I wrote this year. And I actually do enjoy reading this book and others like it (with a History minor I better.)

Unknown said...

Glad you were able to do it! What a great book to have close by and a good lesson, too!

kari and kijsa said...

Congratulations on your win
blessings,
kari & kijsa