Home About 5:16 Club Forum Contact

Friday, May 30, 2008

Twas a Success

I'm back again to update you on how the cooking challenge went for me. I'm so happy to say that it went great and was a success!!

I decided on making orange herb poppy seed chicken over cheddar cheese rice. Yummo! It turned out great and my husband devoured it. I realized that when you put your mind to something and really work hard you can definitely accomplish anything. It's a great a feeling to know that I am working on this now and I am preparing myself for the future. I really like what Robin said today on the interview with Sarah:

"You can become a homemaker and parent without training, but there is much to learn and it would be a great benefit to learn before all the responsibilities are added. You could think of it as someone learning to play the piano on stage in front of an audience. If the pianist had learned and practiced before taking to the stage everyone involved would have a more pleasant experience. "

That really hit home for me and that's why I'm going to keep trying. God never gives up on us and for that I am thankful. Thanks for all your support and I'll be back next week to let you know how cooking is going for me when I try out another new recipe!

By the way, my digital camera broke, hence, no pictures. Sorry!

No comments: