Home About 5:16 Club Forum Contact

Friday, July 17, 2009

Sold-Out For Life, Part 4 - Would You Hold Her Hand?

Would you hold her hand?

If she listened and cried

and really tried

would you hold her hand?

If she gave up and gave in

emptied the womb within

would you hold her hand?

If she raged and cursed

chanted choice first

would you hold her hand?

If she grew and aged

as life turned the page

and she wept at the face

that she chose to replace

and she felt and then knelt

at the throne of grace

would you still be there

holding her hand

or would you have left

that day

when she lived in the grey

not the black and white

we deem worthy to fight?

if you let go

love

loses.

7 comments:

Bonita said...

Did you write this Sarah Mae? Powerful!

Larie Carlice Proverbs 27:19 said...

Great words! Thought provoking as well.

I had an abortion, before I was a Christian, I was 16 and my parents decided that abortion was best. I didn't want the abortion, but felt that I had no voice or choice.

Anyway, I was in the room alone with no one to hold my hand and even afterward I had to act as if it never happened. Wow, I've not talked about this in depth like this ever, whoa, gotta stop.

Thanks for posting.

smooches,
Larie

Trixi said...

I am really enjoying your sold out series, Sarah Mae. It is heart wrenching. We all have our secrets and I thank you for being so open.

Muthering Heights said...

That was so powerful!!

Unknown said...

Wonderful poem Sarah Mae!

stitching under oaks said...

that is so beautiful. thank you for the reminder to love those around us who are living in the gray. They need that love...we need to give it.

Debbie said...

Its so easy to judge someone considering abortion. Unless you've been there. There are those who could be compassionate and loving no matter ones choices.

If we want to be like Jesus, we have to pay attention to these words.