Home About 5:16 Club Forum Contact

Monday, April 27, 2009

Motivate Me Monday! A Miracle - My Mom Is Here (In More Ways Than One!)

I posted an article about giving at Keeping The Kingdom first today! Come visit!

For those of you who have been around awhile, you may remember when I found out my mom was ill with terminal cirrhosis of the liver. I hopped on a plane right away and went to visit her because the doctors said they thought, while they couldn't predict these things, that she had around two months to live.

That was seven months ago.

She is still here...and doing very well. So well in fact, that she is literally HERE with me this week! This truly is a miracle...and an answered prayer.

Amazing miracle & answered prayer #1: I have prayed for years that my mom would stop drinking (she's been an alcoholic for 20 + years). Seven and half months ago she quit drinking cold turkey because she said, "Jesus told me to stop." That was it. Hasn't touched a drink since.

Amazing miracle & answered prayer #2: Two weeks after my mom quit drinking, she found out she had terminal cirrhosis of the liver. Her liver was destroyed and she was only predicted to live a couple months, if that. If she did live longer, she wouldn't be "aware." Friends, my mom is not only alive, but she is doing great! Hospice is even going to release her if she continues on the track she's on.

Amazing miracle & answered prayer #3: My mom has only ever met my daughter once, when my daughter was seven months old. She hasn't see her since, and she's never met my son (who is two now) or my new baby. Once she found out that death was staring her in the face, she wanted desperately to meet them...she wanted them to know her. We didn't have the money to all go visit, and her health wouldn't allow her to come here. I prayed that God would somehow make a way for her to meet her grandchildren. He did. The doctors gave her the go ahead to fly because she is doing so well. We found a round trip ticket from Florida to here for only $180! We will be spending the next five days together.

God has heard my cry, yet again, and answered my prayers.

I am motivated to keep praying. He is faithful.

Your Turn!

Share some advice, wisdom, practical applications, tips you've learned, etc. that you think would benefit and motivate others.

*Make sure to link directly to your MMM post and then link back here (you know, for the link love and all)!

Join me every MMM for coffee by subscribing here!





31 comments:

Gina said...

amazing! enjoy your time with your mom-God is so good!

Nimmi said...

Have a wonderful time with your Mom. Enjoy every moment and take lots of pictures of her and your kids. God bless you and your family.

Heather said...

Praise the Lord for all of the answered prayers!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Wow! How completely wonderful is that my friend? God is SO good!
I am so happy for you all and pray her visit is a blessing and one to remember.
HUGS
Kim

Kimmie said...

Wow! That is wonderful. The Lord works in mysterious ways - and his intent was to get her to you and your children so that you can enjoy time with her again.

God DOES answer prayers!

Baker @ Man Vs. Debt said...

Congratulations!

Your mother must be an amazingly strong women. I am truly ecstatic for your family!

Anonymous said...

That is SO awesome Sarah Mae!

Bonita said...

Sarah Mae,

What awesome testimonies and what a great way to start off our Monday morning! I'm amazed that your mom quit cold turkey in obedience to Jesus! Oh, that we would all be so quick to obey!

Enjoy your visit!

Sarah said...

Thankful for miracles and answered prayer! Have a wonderful time with your mom!

Simply Vintagegirl said...

How wonderful! I am so glad to hear that she is doing so well and will get to spend time with you and your family, what a blessing! Praise the Lord!

I hope you have a wonderful Monday!

Joyfully in Christ,
Miss Emily Rose

Pilar said...

Wow, what a bunch of great blessings!! You must be praising God so much

Anonymous said...

Sarah that is AMAZING NEWS! I am so happy and I Pray that the Lord works through you and Jesse this week to show your mom how you live in the Lord everyday, So she may come to know him personally! You gotta love how to Lord works. In the moment you are always wondering where you are you Lord, but in the end you look back and see what he has done to bring you the the point where your feet are planted now.
LOVe ya Sarah. Kaylia Santiago

Have a great week with you MOM!

syndi said...

In October of 2002 my mom was diagnosed with Stage 4 breast cancer. Her prognosis was 18 months to 2 years of life... We were all devastated. Eventually she moved closer to my sisters and I, and I who had moved away from home 15 years earlier, got the chance to know her in a different way. She died last October: 6 years after she was diagnosed! (PBT God!). Her mother, sisters, husband and children, as well as nieces and nephews, grandchildren and friends were with her. During those years, she got to know 4 new grandchildren (6 total) and was able to spend more time closer to her family. Although I miss her, I wonder how our relationship would be today had she not be diagnosed with BC. I was able to know her as an adult, a wife and a mother. I was able to learn from her and forgive her mistakes and mine. It has made me realize that “duration”(quantity) is not as important and “quality.” I thank God for the quality time he allowed us to share with her and I take that lesson with me everyday.

katylinvw said...

Praise the Lord! i hope you guys have the most wonderful time together!!! :)

Anne said...

My mom is currently battling cancer for the second time and I'm praying we get a lot more time with her. Enjoy every moment, Sarah Mae. Good mothers are a tremendous gift from God.

Muthering Heights said...

How wonderful...praise the Lord!

Goat Gal said...

This inspires me so much to endure. I too have been praying for my family to have life changes as well as to come to Jesus. Thank you for sharing this.

Jaime said...

Just beautiful Sarah Mae. What wonders God is doing in your life. You are a wonderful person and deserve the best. Such a blessing to have your mom. Enjoy her visit. sending my love - Jaime

thekreativelife said...

Truly a miracle! Have a wonderful time with your mom! What a blessing for both you and your family!

God Bless you all!

Isabel said...

What a blessing! Testimonies like these give glory to our good God!

Larie Carlice Proverbs 27:19 said...

I love it, just love it!!!

smooches,
Larie

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen@Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

He is so faithful...what a miracle story. :)

Sharon said...

I know you are cherishing every moment with your Mom!

As a Mom whose life has been touched by cancer,(I lost my daughter) I can say please just enjoy every moment! Laugh together and cherish her and appreciate what a gift it is to be able to have this time.

"Intentionally Katie" said...

Wow. God is so good!!! Have a blessed time with your mom. Make memories for your kids and take a gazillion pictures!

Unknown said...

Praise the Lord Sarah Mae!!! That is so wonderful! I'm sure your mom is loving seeing her sweet grandbabies! Have a wonderful time together. :)

Kristen, pajama mama said...

thanks for sharing more of your real life with us, your readers! we are praising God with your for your time with your mom and praying for more!
kristen

Reborn said...

Wow, this is awesome! It has encouraged me to continue to bring my own requests before God-- he is faithful! I've been feeling very frustrated and "down" lately about my own family situation, but God can do anything! :)

Sandy@ Jesus and Dark Chocolate said...

Yes that would motivate me to pray also. Amazing how God can use something bad for His glory. May God bless your time together!!!
Amazing Grace how sweet it is!

The Equipped Life said...

I am so thrilled for you. God IS faithful!

Susan said...

Beautiful! Praising God. I just found your blog and love it. I plan to spend a good amount of time looking around.