Today's guest post is from Christy, from Between Here and Home. She is a stay at home mother to three wonderful children- ages 18,12, and 11. Her husband is a pastor at a church in the community where she lives. She has only been blogging for a short time but loves that it is a way for her to journal the happenings in her family and her journey with Jesus Christ. Along the way, she has met many amazing, creative, inspirational, and encouraging women who are passionately pursuing Jesus too.
What are you passionate about? Today, Christy shares with us her passions to encourage us all to pursue what is good.
- I am passionate about loving my children and husband well. God continues to show me what this really means and looks like in my life. I want to love my family well in both my actions and my words. Yes, there have been many mistakes made along the way, but I know that grace, forgiveness, and love has covered it all.
- As a wife and mother, I am passionate about making our home place that is a refuge. One that is filled with grace, peace, lots of laughter, unconditional love, forgiveness, and one in which memories are being made.
- One of my biggest passions... all things peanut butter and chocolate!
- I am passionate about friendships.
- I have a passion for cooking. I know this comes from a grandmother and mother who, in my book, are the best cooks ever. My mother never really "taught" me to cook, but I witnessed the love she had in preparing meals for our family growing up. I love home cooked meals, collecting recipes and cookbooks, and watching Food Network. (Giada, Ina, and Paula are my favorites!)
- I am passionate about my relationship with Jesus. I have definitely had times of not pursuing Jesus the way I should, but I know that His love and acceptance is steadfast and unconditional. In these last several years, my knowledge, love, and seeking Him has been taken to a whole new level. I have learned to trust and believe no matter what the circumstances may be around me. My faith has been stretched but through that my heart has been changed, molded, and drawn closer to Him.
- I am passionate about leaving a legacy for my children. I want more than anything for my children to see Jesus in my eyes. Leaving a legacy for them means that they know that I pray for them and that I am teaching them in my everyday life what it means to be a follower of Jesus Christ.
- I have a passion for photography. Although I am still learning how to use my new camera, I would like to think that I really am learning some things about basic digital photography. I have always loved capturing events and special moments on my camera. Ask my children, they will tell you I take pictures of everything!
- Another passion of mine... time spent at the beach with family. Nothing can compare to the way the sand feels between my toes, the sound of the ocean, the breeze, and reading a really great book at the beach. Every other summer our family travels to Sunset Beach, North Carolina and by far some of the best memories we have had been made there.
- And finally, I am passionate about really being a living testimony, a life that has been changed because of knowing Jesus.
Check out Christy's uplifting blog if you get a chance!
If you don't want to miss any of Like A Warm Cup Of Coffee's future posts, click here!