Home About 5:16 Club Forum Contact

Monday, February 9, 2009

Motivate Me Monday! I Am Weak, But He Is Strong!

Well, it's that time again, time to motivate one another through another week! This Monday, I offer a prompt if you would like to use it:

When has there been a time where you felt weak (and maybe your prayers weren't being answered) but where you saw God ultimately use His strength through your weakness (or maybe you didn't see it, but you trusted)?

Is It About Me or Him?

Many of you know that I am expecting my third child very soon (March 7th). As of late, I have been very tired and my brain has been a little bit less functional than usual (then again, I do have toddlers, so technically my brain has been out of commission for about three years). I have been weak.

Recently I was asked to speak at a women's night out event for a church. I accepted the offer, had an idea about what I wanted to talk about, and then handed it over to God. I vacillated between two topics for the past two weeks, and finally landed on one (a few days before the talk!). I had the information I wanted to talk about, but I did not have the energy to really practice my talk, something I normally like to do. I prayed that God would give me energy, but I just felt like I had nothing to give - even up to the the day I was to talk (Friday). I was weak.

I felt like God wasn't answering my prayers for help...for energy and a clear mind. My mother-in-law, the night of the talk, reminded me that when we are weak He is strong - it's not about me, it's about Him and His glory. I needed that reminder...big time! I said, "okay God, it's all you, I can't do it." I am weak.

This past Friday I gave my talk. I knew God wanted me to speak, and I spoke. It wasn't great, the areas I wasn't prepared for showed, but you know what, I did it. I did what God asked and I know that someone in that room needed to hear what I had to say. This experience of being weak really showed me how much it is not about me. I am His servant working for His glory. I don't have to be down on myself or think too much about it...I can just say, "thank you Lord for allowing me, in all my weakness, to serve you."

Your Turn!

  • Share some advice, wisdom, practical applications, tips you've learned, etc. that you think would benefit and motivate others.

*Make sure to link directly to your MMM post and then link back here!

If you want to journey with me each day, click here!


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so much like a Lady
She is so much like a child
A devil when she wants to be
An Angel when she smiles

I love you Sarah Mae...
Don't ever forget it!

Invited In said...

God is so pleased with your obedient heart. Thank you for sharing. Doing what God asks of us isn't always easy. It often causes us to step out of our comfort zones and requires a bold step. The Lord says, "Your word is a lamp to my feet." I thought about this. While holding a lamp my feet or the area right in front of me would be lit. Not necessarily my entire path. Not a mile or so ahead but enough to light the way for my next step. God provides us with exactly we need. We may want see more before we take our next step but He knows that all we need is to trust in Him and he will provide the light we need in order to take each new step. Blessings to you. Thank you for motivating me on this Monday:)

Gina said...

I love all this encouragement, and I'll be praying for you-three is awesome and fun but stretching (in more ways than one!) Pray for rest and peace for you in these tiring days.

Shilo said...

Thanks for being an encourager even in the midst of your weariness! You are a sweetie!
Praying that this last month will go by quickly. Soon that baby will be in your arms!

Anonymous said...

He's made strong in our weakness - So true and yet such a hard lesson for me to learn!
Thanks for your encouragement. You have a beautiful blog.

Unknown said...

So glad you did it! And you know that the Lord gave you just the right words to say.

I'm so glad you have motivating Mondays - I really need it!! Thanks for everything you do, Sarah Mae!

Jen D. said...

Congrats on expecting your third child. I too am expecting my third child. My first child was born on your due date, March 7th. :) I hope God will give you energy through the rest of your pregnancy and after the baby arrives. I loved your encouraging post. We can do all things through Him who gives us strength. :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome post, I am pregnant with my third baby as well, well my 4th my second baby went to be with the Lord after birth. I feel during that time was my hardest when I felt my prayers weren't answered and I was so spiritually weak. God had to carry me through! Even now with all my demands of life I feel so weak but spending time in his presence is what helps me through my hard times. God bless you, keep me posted on your pregnancy :) I will start participating in your Motivate me Monday's next week :)

MamaHen Em said...

Thank you for always sharing from your heart and encouraging us to encourage one another. I will be praying that the days until delivery will be peaceful and restful for you.

Lisa said...

You're in the home stretch, girl! You have been so faithful to the Lord, and through your faithfulness, you have touched so many lives. Thank you.

Elizabeth said...

Greetings Sarah Mae!

Be encouraged sweet womanhood and thank you so much for your transparency!