Home About 5:16 Club Forum Contact

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Rich Family In Church

"We didn't talk, just sat and stared at the floor. We had gone from feeling like millionaires to feeling like poor white trash. We kids had such a happy life that we felt sorry for anyone who didn't have our Mom and Dad for parents and a house full of brothers and sisters and other kids visiting constantly. We thought it was fun to share silverware and see whether we got the spoon or the fork that night...but I'd never thought we were poor."

Read the whole amazingly beautiful and touching story about true sacrifice and what it means to be rich by going here.

What this family did works for me!

8 comments:

Trixi said...

Thank you for sharing this. I will be reading it to my children this morning for devotions. It is beautiful.

Cainan & Ryker said...

I love this story I did a whole post about it for Friday. I've been teaching S.S. on the topic of materialism and giving up our money to God....since it is his anyway.

If you want to read my post check out www.bricck.blogspot.com on Friday.

Thanks so much for sharing it!!

The Peacock Pearl said...

kleenex, please.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful story. I like the idea of sharing it with our children.

The Lunch Lady said...

Thank you.

This was great timing, especially as we enter the holiday season.

God bless you!

www.thetopiarylady.blogspot.com

Bonita said...

Oh, I love that story! I think I'll read it to my writing class tomorrow. Thanks for sharing it!

Blessed said...

that was a beautiful story - thanks for sharing!

::Traci:: said...

This was an amazing story. I tried re-telling it to my husband on our drive to church last night, but I am not sure I did it justice.