Home About 5:16 Club Forum Contact

Friday, October 10, 2008

Abortion And Apathy

An excerpt from Ray Comfort's blog:

"I told the congregation (with some passion), that I would never, ever, vote for a man who advocated the murder of a child in the womb. I don't care about his fiscal policies, because the blood of the innocents is on his hands...

However, the answer to the issue of abortion isn’t just to protest, although that's a start. A nation that kills 50 million of its citizens through abortion with no qualms of conscience needs more than a voice of protest. We are no different than Nazi Germany. We have given ourselves to the wickedest of sins, and that will eventually have terrible national consequences. We desperately need God’s forgiveness, and we need a new heart that can only come with conversion. Only the gospel can take a self-righteous, blaspheming, idolatrous, hypocritical, baby-killing nation, forgive it, and make it brand new..."

To read his whole post, click here.

7 comments:

Jacquelyn said...

I'm an independent but usually vote republican because I'm pro-life and find that to be the single most important issue to vote on. I'm not happy with John McCain's policies but as long as he stands firm on this issue he will have my reluctant vote.

scargosun said...

I vote for the candidate who shares more than just one of my ideals.

MamaHen Em said...

I grew up in a home with a dad who was the state president of the Right To Life Chapter. I did Roe v Wade marches at the state capitol before I could walk. I have seen video footage, ultrasound footage, read personal stories and cried with two friends who chose abortions. I am passionate about the right of a child to live. I could never vote for a candidate who would not support life.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing - I really like Ray Comfort and this is such an important message.

Bonita said...

Ironically, I wrote something on my blog on Friday that dealt with some of the same things you said on yours. Our nation needs help and that's only going to be found in Jesus.

Brooke said...

This has nothing to do with politics. It has to do with the choices PEOPLE make. Whether or not it is made legal or illegal PEOPLE will find a way to do what they want. Even if it causes bodily harm to themselves. It's way beyond politics.

Sarah Mae said...

Hi Brooke, I don't know if you'll get this or not, but I just wanted to say that ultimately, yes, people will make their own decisions. However, from someone who has gone through an abortion and working with hundreds of women who have had to make such a difficult decision, I can tell you that having a law against abortion would be a start. The reason people have abortions is because they feel shame and/or don't want to tell their parents. Pressure plays a big role, but mainly selfishness is the cause.

If someone wants to murder a person, they can and will, but we have laws against murder, as we have laws against many things. I am glad for law.