Home About 5:16 Club Forum Contact

Monday, May 26, 2008

I have lost all standards, so go ahead and pour me another cup...

Let me start off by saying that I’m still a relatively new coffee drinker, I’m definitely not at snob level (though getting there slowly but surely). It all started about seven months ago when I gave in at a family late-night game session (settlers!) I decided to try some to keep myself awake, but I’d only try it with that good smelling stuff, hazelnut creamer. One sip and I was hooked. I had managed to steer clear from coffee for twenty-seven years. I was the person who always said, "It will stain your teeth, it’s bad for you, it’s gross." The upside of giving in to the seductive drink was that all these years I thought I was lazy - turned out I was just tired! Go figure! Anyway, now I’m addicted. Completely. Coffee is no longer a drink to me, it’s an experience. I need it, I crave it, and the boundaries I once held dear (only one cup a day) have now fallen off the seat of conviction. I mean, what’s really wrong with ten cups a day anyway? Okay, so I’m not that bad, but ever since I’ve tried the creme brulee creamer, it’s all gone down hill. Coffee stained teeth, smelly breath, and perhaps even an early death. Maybe it’s time I consider weaning myself off.


Are you kidding?!


Pass the creamer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute! I am not a "real" coffee drinker - it has to be a flavored latte, basically - not too much coffee flavor - ha,ha! - but I like to have it daily if possible.

I just saw your comment at Real Life about your header - I was wondering if that was your own photo - gorgeous!

Kristen said...

I'm not a serious coffee drinker unless it has chocolate in it. So, is that really coffee? One of the great mysteries! Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's nice to meet you!