Home About 5:16 Club Forum Contact

Friday, May 23, 2008

Good morning,

I hear the birds singing, yet there is a lovely stillness to the air, a peace. I hear my little boy waking and I know when I go up to get him he will give me the biggest smile and start crawling away from me in his crib so that I will, "come get you!" My little girl is still sleeping, but the pink side of her blanky is probably up at her nose comforting her. She'll awake soon and just lie there taking in the new day, until she finally says, "hey mommy." Then I'll go in and say, "one...two... three!" and I'll jump in her bed with her and she'll giggle.

Mornings are so great. They are a fresh start; a new beginning. A start to a day where we haven't yelled, used harsh words, or gotten impatient. We have the full day to fill up with love, laughter, training, hugs, kisses, and memories. We can start over. Inevitably, we will fail, but we can be comforted that His mercies are new every morning.

Thank you Lord Jesus for mercies and mornings.

"Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning." Lamentations 3:23

"Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it!" Anne of Green Gables

No comments: