The Gal Behind Like A Warm Cup Of Coffee - Sarah Mae
Hello! I'm Sarah Mae and I'm a household engineer (a.k.a stay-at-home mommy of three and wife to one very cool motorcycling husband) who adores my man, my babes, wild blue skies, coffee, and Jesus! My blog is all about journeying along side other women who are seeking to find the eternal value in who they are and all they do. I am proud to be called a java-hugger.
Why This Blog Exists
Press play to meet me and learn a little bit about what this blog is all about!
Get Plugged In
Just click here!
100 Things About Me
In completely random order, 100 things about me:
1. I have a mole on my right shoulder that my daughter used to think she could extract milk out of.2. I worked at a crisis pregnancy clinic before I had kids.
3. I became a Christian around my senior year of high school.
4. I made a Chinese boy named Hector, (come to think of it, maybe he was Spanish) who had a mustache, kiss me under the playground tire in preschool.
5. I have a motorcycle license, but don't ride a motorcycle.
6. I write poetry.
7. Slam poetry is one of my favorite forms of poetry.
8. I am a procrastinator.
9. I work well under pressure.
10. I love [almost] anything artsy fartsy.
11. I drive a cheese wagon...with a spoiler.
12. I went to Penn State to become a counselor.
13. I applied to go to seminary but got married instead.
14. I don't regret it one bit.
15. I love cafes that are unique and comfortable and have a laid back feel.
16. I love to research and study - specifically theology and anything I'm interested in at the moment.
17. I am so gullible.
18. I love telling people about Jesus.
19. I was a javelin thrower in high school.
20. I am not athletic.
21. I am, however, very competitive.
22. I don't like showering (but don't worry, I do!)
23. I was a Mary Kay lady for five years.
24. I am an oldest child.
25. I don't have a favorite color, but if I did, it would probably be brown.
26. I can say "party" in Arabic. (Hefla!)
27. I was on the homecoming court in high school, but lost to a cheerleader - go figure!
28. I called Puerto Rico once when I was a teen because I was bored.
29. I love driving long distances by myself.
30. I learned to sew when my first child was born.
31. I don't really like sewing, but I persevere in making my daughter a Christmas dress every year.
32. I have great (and I mean great) in-laws.
33. I love to ski.
34. I so long to sing and play the piano and guitar, but alas, I'd be the contestant on American Idol that Simon called, "dreadful."
35. My wedding song was "At Last" by Etta James
36. I can't decorate worth a darn, but I'm working on it.
37. I can tie my hair in a knot with one hand (and for those of you wondering, I do have long hair, it's just pulled back in my profile picture).
38. I love comfy socks.
39. I'm not a morning person.
40. My personality style is an I/D
41. Or an ENFP if we're talking about the Meyers Briggs Personality Profile.
42. Or the Sanguine type, if you know that personality evaluator.
43. I love taking two hour baths.
44. I love the game Settlers of Catan.
45. I once stole a cafeteria tray in college with my roommate to go sledding on.
46. We never did go sledding.
47. In order to fall asleep, I have to have my feet moving.
48. I so want to have a pink flamingo in my yard (but my husband won't let me).
49. I have green eyes, which apparently is a recessive gene.
50. I have never broken any bones.Whew! Half way - are you stickin' with me?
51. I don't have cable.
52. I hate my wrists being touched (don't ask, I don't even know why).
53. Eraser shavings make me cringe.
54. I don't like horror movies.
55. My dream vacation is to go to Italy.
56. Or Greece.
57. Or Ireland.
58. I am really forgetful.
59. I am the slowest scrapbooker every (I've been working on my daughters one-year baby scrapbook for two and half years).
60. I collect coffee mugs.61. I am passionate about politics.
62. No, I will not share my political affiliation.
63. I am easily convicted - I am so sensitive to the Holy Spirit!
64. I am a total teen girl at heart (sleep over anyone?)
65. I am horrible at returning phone calls.
66. I take the bible literally.
67. I don't believe in Macro-evolution.
68. I loved my evolution class in college.
69. I am addicted to coffee and don't know how I'm going to quit when I get pregnant.
70. No, I'm not pregnant.
71. That I know of.
72. I want to adopt one day - there are so many little children who long for real homes.
73. I love the smell of camp fires.
74. Downy April Fresh takes me to a happy place.
75. I am a really good bowler.
76. I have 1/32 Native American blood in me. (Do you think I'm considered a minority?)
77. I love to pick my kids crusty boogs.
78. I cry when I read "The Little Prince."
79. My first baby was a complete surprise - a wonderful one at that!
80. I still have a crush on my husband.
81. I don't like swimming in lakes or the ocean (because I don't like creepy crawly things).
82. I enjoy hiking.
83. I once hiked a mountain only to find that when I got back to the bottom I realized I had left the keys to my car at the top.
84. Yes, I hiked back up to get them.
85. I love being surprised.
86. I once had to go to a Buddhist mediation thing for a college class and during the meditation I had a Mariah Carey song stuck in my head and couldn't stop laughing. The "leader" wasn't very happy.
87. I can say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious backwards.
88. I worked at a camp as a life-guard for inner-city kids in college.
89. I met my husband in Memphis, TN on a missions trip.
90. I used to work at Barnes & Noble.
91. I also worked at a really cool, laid back video store.
92. I also worked in a factory making lawn mower tires.
93. I love to read.
94. My honeymoon was in Marco Island, FL.
95. I have cravings all the time.
96. Mostly for bourcin cheese with sesame seed deli crackers.
97. I love being a woman.
98. I really enjoy teaching and facilitating bible studies.
99. I love to read out loud to anyone who will listen.
100. I am SO glad to be finished with this list - that was hard work!